ComingSoon has two blushes giveaway gift sets, and three extra copies of the Best Buy SteelBook movie to celebrate the movie’s May 3 Blu-ray release (it’s already out digitally). Directed by Domi Shih, the film stars Rosalie Chung, Sandra Oh, Ava Morse, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan, Hein Pak and Orion Lee. The gift sets contain goodies from Fly Ching (signature Asian trio of spices), dashing diva (Signature Nail Palette with Gel Nails and Gel Lighting Kit), Sanzo (Signature Flavored Sodas), Holly Hair (Brand set for dyeing hair red) and Exclusive for SteelBook at the best price Blu-ray copy.
RELATED: ‘Blushing’ Interview: Director Domi Shi Discusses Film’s Depiction of Intergenerational Trauma
The film introduces Mei Li, a cocky, dim-witted 13-year-old girl who is torn between being her mother’s obedient daughter and the chaos of adolescence, reads the synopsis. “Her protective if not slightly overbearing mother, Ming, is always there for her daughter – an unpleasant reality for a teenager. And as if changing her interests, relationships, and body wasn’t enough, whenever she gets too turned on (which is almost ALWAYS), she farts on a giant red panda!
To enter the ComingSoon raffle, you can either retweet the tweet below or comment on our related post on Facebook. The promotion will last a week until May 9th.
— ComingSoon.net (@comingsoonnet) May 2, 2022
RELATED: Interview: Rosalie Chan discusses blushing, how she’s different from Meiling
Full possibilities for blushes Blu-ray below:
- Audio Commentary – Watch the film with audio commentary directed by Domi Shi, produced by Lindsey Collins and DOP Mahyar Abusaedi.
- Short films
- shot life – Domi Shi and crew members describe the layered process and craftsmanship involved in creating the hilarious Red Peony scene, from watching the red pandas at the zoo to storyboarding and completing the animation and background lighting.
- Create your own boy band – Take a look behind the scenes to find out how 4*TOWN came into being. From creating the look of each band member, to writing and producing songs, and fine-tuning the details of their stadium performance, the filmmakers reveal how they created the perfect boy band.
- Ani-Mei-Tion – Since Mei’s heightened emotionality is central to the story, it was important that her gaze and movements reflect this energy. Learn how Domi Shi led the animation team to use expressive anime cues to create an engaging, dynamic character Mei.
- Introduction to deleted scenes – Director Domi Shi introduces scenes not included in the final cut of the film. blushes.
- Introduction Meiling – In this alternate beginning, Ming and a young Mei shoot portraits in a studio… but Ming has her own special vision for photography.
- panda domestication – Under her mother’s guidance, Mei learns techniques to control her ability to magically transform into a red panda…with varying degrees of success.
- Debate – May runs for class president against nemesis Tyler and the speeches get a little out of hand.
- Fey and Christina hang – May (formerly Fey) shares a banana split while having a heart to heart talk with Aunt Christina.
- 4*Urban dilemma – Mei buys tickets for the concert of her dreams, but her strict mother won’t let her out of the house. What will she do?
- rope in leo – Begging Leo to help get out of trouble, May learns a couple of his closely guarded secrets.
- Easter Egg – Robutton Deleted Scene – An alternate ending where Mei, sitting next to her dream idol Robert from 4*TOWN on a flight to California, has some feelings.