While he hasn’t lived up to his potential as a force in the gaming space, Avengers Marvel still has a fanbase who enjoys logging in and beating up robot thugs like their favorite superheroes. Square Enix and developer Crystal Dynamics continue to support the game with new missions and a host of MCU-related skins, with more content on the horizon. They are also constantly fixing bugs and fixing issues that inevitably come along with content updates in a live service game. Today’s update falls into the second category, fixing a lot of crashes in multiplayer as well as a few issues with certain hero loot.
RELATED: Marvel’s Avengers Hints At Big Future Updates, Roadmap And Nick Fury Coming Soon
Full patch notes from Avengers Marvel Official site located lower, but there are some points that protrude more than others. There was one issue where Thor’s mighty hammer would not deal damage when equipped with gear with a sonic status effect, but this is no longer the case. The same can be said for the issue with some of Ms. Marvel’s signature attacks not causing any status effects. On the art side, a few minor issues with Kate Bishop’s hair color and Hawkeye’s sword cutting through his leg have now been fixed.
MORE: Ironheart Selects Two Directors For Series, Ryan Coogler To Executive Produce
Today’s patch launched simultaneously on PlayStation, Xbox, PC and Google Stadia. In terms of bigger updates, one of the next characters rumored to be added to the roster is rumored to be She-Hulk, an addition that will likely coincide with the addition of Jennifer Walter to the MCU via her Disney+ show of the same name. Until then, fans can purchase the Iron Man suit at Avengers: Infinity War before returning to your favorite mission on the war table.
Avengers 2.3.1 Full Update Notes
- Resolved an issue that prevented Thor from dealing damage when equipped with sonic gear.
Reassemble Campaign and Avengers Initiative
- Resolved an issue that caused a black screen to appear when returning to the Avengers Initiative after completing the last campaign mission.
Multiplayer and matchmaking
- Resolved an issue that caused players to get stuck on a black screen after accepting a multiplayer invitation from the main menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused targets to not display in the «This Hostile Earth» Threat Sector.
- Fixed an issue in the City Under Siege mission that caused players to receive different rewards from those listed in the mission description.
- Fixed an issue that caused the QuinJet to have a different world view when loading into the Avengers Initiative.
- Fixed an issue in the mission «Great Threat» that caused players to receive different rewards from those listed in the mission description.
- Fixed an issue where voiceovers would not play in some Wasteland missions.
- Fixed an issue where HARM Challenges were not showing up in the Wartable for low level players.
- Fixed an issue where the missions «From the Shadows» and «Up from the Depths» were not displayed on the combat table.
- Fixed an issue that caused some players to return to the main menu with a «connection error» when attempting to load into an outpost.
- Fixed an issue in the «Above and Beyond» mission that caused players to receive different rewards from those listed in the mission description.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in all Elite Vault and Villain Sector options being available to players rather than one Elite Vault per day and one Elite Villain Sector per week.
- Fixed an issue where the «And We’re Back» mission would not appear in the East Coast section of the combat table.
- Fixed an issue where «Ritual Content» and «Destination Content» videos would not play on all social networks.
- Fixed an issue related to Kate Bishop’s HARM trials.
- Fixed a bug related to Hawkeye’s HARM Challenges.
Art and animation
- Hawkeye’s sword no longer sticks out from under his feet in the character select menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused the camera to be blocked in the Wasteland Vault elevator.
- Fixed an issue that caused Kate’s hair in her Supernatural Avengers costume to display the correct hair color.
Gear, Challenges, and Rewards
- Fixed an issue where certain Ms. Marvel Signature Attack perks were not applying any status effects.
- Fixed an issue where Kate’s Quantum Effector ability would not trigger when using some of the Cryo and Vibranium abilities.
- Fixed the Elite Vault mission chain to only reward the Technical Power Set.
- Thor’s Rampant Lethal Extension should now work with all Warrior’s Rage skills.