Viewers may not be very interested in learning. Secrets of Dumbledore.
Preview of last Thursday Fantastic Beasts: Dumbledore’s Secrets drew the smallest crowds Harry Potter prequel series to date. In accordance with Termthe film grossed $6 million in US theaters, far short of the previous two films. fantastic beasts. The first grossed $8.7 million on the Thursday ahead of its official opening day in 2016, while the sequel, Grindelwald crimesearned $7.3 during Thursday previews in 2018 and another $1.8 million in additional previews.
Most experts predict Secrets of Dumbledore will raise about $40 million over a full weekend; it would also be an all-time low for the franchise. (First fantastic beasts made $74.4 million in opening weekend; Grindelwald crimes grossed $62.1 million.
It goes without saying, but none of fantastic beasts The films performed just as well in theaters as the originals. Harry Potter saga. Here are some comparisons of their Thursday previews, via Number:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – $22 million
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – $18.3 million
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – $12.4 million
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – $12.3 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 – $11.4 million
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 – $11.2 million
- Fantastic beasts and where to find them – $8.7 million
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald – $7.3 million
- Fantastic Beasts: Dumbledore’s Secrets – 6 million dollars
Fantastic Beasts: Dumbledore’s Secrets cost $200 million and has suffered from numerous behind-the-scenes controversies, from recasting Johnny Depp’s role as the show’s main villain, to the recent arrest of co-star Ezra Miller for disorderly conduct. Warner Bros. planned to make only five films a year. Beasts series, but if Dumbledore makes it worse than Grindelwaldwhich did much worse than the first BeastsI wonder how long this plan will stay in place.
Fantastic Beasts: Dumbledore’s Secrets now plays in theaters across the country.